My Top 10 WORST Movies of 2015

Hey guys!

Here it finally is, my top 10 worst movies of last year.

Boy, were there many terrible films - some of which I missed due to such appalling ratings from both critics and friends alike.

Movies like Fantastic Four, Hot Pursuit, Get Hard and Unfinished Business, just to name a few.

Hence, this list just includes those God-awful movies that I've seen in 2015 (sadly).

So, without further ado...

10. Mortdecai



Okay, I admit that I really did like this movie when it was released.

As the year went by, however, and after one repeated viewing at home, I came to realise that it just simply isn't a good film... at all.

To me, I don't really like it when American actors portray British characters, and in this one, they don't even do the accent well. Kind of a double whammy.

The trailer promised so much, and so little did it deliver.

I thought it would be a modern take on the genre of those classic Peter Sellers Pink Panther films, and I'd be very open to it should that have been the case.

Sadly, it didn't deliver.

9. Furious 7




Now, before any of you slaughter me for including this movie in my list, I would like to justify my stance which will not change.

To me, Furious 7 was just not a good movie. Period.

The action sequences were my biggest issue with it, because they were so incredibly unrealistic, far-fetched and just really odd. Plus, it looked so fake on screen.

I'm no Fast & Furious fan, and I understand from friends who are that the entire movie series features similar kinds of action.

Well, sorry fans. It just didn't appeal to me.

Sure, there was the really lovely ending scene with the touching tribute to the late Paul Walker (may he rest in peace), but I think that one scene confuses too many viewers - instantly boosting their initial rating of the popcorn-fest they witnessed before that one scene.

If I take that tribute part out of my personal rating, then it really wouldn't rank very well at all. In fact, it would be maybe 6th on my worst movies of the year list.

Sorry. Just my opinion.

8. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip



Enough with this movie series already.

From the very first one that was released in 2007, I never really liked the concept, and don't even get me started on the music.

With the first one, sure, it had the "cuteness" factor.

But three unnecessary sequels later, it just wears off.

I didn't even bother watching the previous two, and I wasn't SUPER keen on watching this one either.

I did, though, and although not entirely bad, it just wasn't very good.

The music was annoying, the plot was rather predictable and the characters weren't really interesting.

Just all-round forgettable.

7. The Gunman



The old man kicking plenty of ass. We've seen it a million times before.

So, how does The Gunman fare up against all the others like Taken, The November Man or The Equalizer?

Well, when you have an Oscar-winning actor painfully under-utilised in the movie and a plot that you don't really care about, not very well.

It has an extremely boring first third, and it takes very long to finally settle down and focus up.

It's a predictable movie with sub-par action and a very forgettable set of characters.

Sean Penn's stunning physique in this movie couldn't save it.

6. Aloha



Don't you just hate it when the trailer hypes you up for the movie, leaving you with the impression that it's gonna be great when it really is the complete opposite of it?

That's basically Cameron Crowe's Aloha in a nutshell.

Not just the trailer too.

When I heard who was cast in the movie, I was convinced that it'd be as good as Jerry Maguire was.

You've got a top actor as the lead (Bradley Cooper), two absolutely gorgeous ladies by his side (Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams) as well as Bill Murray and Alec Baldwin. How could it possibly go wrong?

Sigh.

5. The Divergent Series: Insurgent



Sick and tired of teenage dystopian-thrillers.

I wouldn't have had such an issue with this movie if it had been even half as good as Divergent was.

I really really liked the first movie, and the sequel simply didn't live up to the billing.

It was sloppy, didn't flow smoothly and was just not very good.

Praise goes to Shailene Woodley though. She showed in this one exactly why she's one of Hollywood's brightest young sparks.

On the bright side though, I did like Theo James more in this one, and for me he's a potential candidate for my choice for the next James Bond.

4. Pitch Perfect 2



Here's another example of sequels done horribly.

There's not enough exposition, there are plot holes everywhere, and till now, I still think the movie is pointless.

I feel that this movie was just a ploy to earn more money since it's guaranteed box office success due to the large following formed from the first movie.

Sure, it had a catchy song in "Flashlight" and the final battle was quite entertaining, but that wasn't enough to save it from disaster.

Rebel Wilson, although funny at times, just overdoes it in this one. Hope she doesn't become another Melissa McCarthy (ew).

3. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2



As the poster reads: "Nothing can prepare you for the end".

Indeed. The ending was so, so bad.

It wasn't just the ending too, it was the whole movie.

It felt as if they just used too much source material from the book into Part 1, and then decided to drag at most 90 minutes of solid movie into a 2 hour and 17 minute snore-fest.

I could also tell that J. Law was feeling a little sick and tired of the role. Can't blame her, she's been carrying the entire series ever since the first one anyway.

Hollywood, please stop splitting book-to-movie finales into two.

For once, just focus on the quality of the film rather than on making as much money as possible.

On the bright side, at least one of the few teenage dystopian-thriller book-to-movie series has ended.

2. Barely Lethal



*Sigh*

Ever heard of the term "movie budgeting"? Well, this one most certainly has not.

It hasn't heard of the term because the amount invested to make the film is so low that you can't call it a budget.

Boy, is it awfully made.

I think all of whatever money they had for this film went into hiring stars like Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Alba, and not into the actual movie.

It shows too, with such God-awful CGI, action sequences and writing.

Poor career choices to Hailee Steinfeld, Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Alba for this one. Their agents have probably been sacked after the movie was released (not that anyone cared about this movie anyway).

1. Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials



We're finally here. The WORST movie I watched in 2015.

This was a no-brainer. Never have I ever had a worse movie experience in the cinema than when I went to catch this craptastic sorry excuse of a film.

If Pitch Perfect 2 was sequels done horribly, I don't even know what this is.

To give you some perspective of my views of this movie, just imagine this - Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials makes the first movie look like freaking Citizen Kane when compared, and that is no compliment to the first movie either.

There were more plot holes in this movie than in a colander.

The acting was wooden (especially that Kaya Scodelario girl), and the story was just an awful mess.

The 131 minute runtime was just 131 minutes too long.

What a waste of my time and money.



So there you have it, folks. My top 10 worst movies of last year.

Sorry if my entries didn't agree with your opinion. They're mine anyway so don't be offended.

Till the next post, stay awesome!

Comments